ComIT is hosting a free 3-month Java course for Regina and Saskatoon residents, starting in February of 2023.
All ComIT courses are:
- 3-months long for 3 weekday evenings (part-time)
- 100% online
- Will Require: Attendance, Communication & Final Project to complete with certification!
To be eligible, applicants MUST:
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Be between 18 to 40 years old
- Have secondary school completed
- Situation of unemployment or underemployment
- Not be able to financially afford other types of training
- Show technical orientation (** This is an intensive course so foundational/prior programming or coding knowledge is essential for selection. **)
- Show motivation and commitment (While the class is part-time, substantial time outside of class is necessary to complete deliverables & final project)
Java: A 3-month intensive course on Java fundamentals that will cover.
- Introduction to logic
- Algorithms and Programming.
- Programming in Java. Language rules.
- Object Oriented Paradigm. Encapsulation. Interfaces, inheritance and polymorphism. Decoupling.
- Exceptions. Errors and treatments.
- Databases & SQL
- Web development basics. HTML, CSS. JSP, Servlets.
- Understanding Springboot.
For more information, selection criteria and application steps, head over to the ComIT website!