This July, WestGrid is bringing its new Research Computing Summer School series to the University of Saskatchewan. Courses will explore introductory and advanced topics in:
- High performance computing
- Parallel programming in Chapel
- Scientific computing with PETSc
- GPU programming
- HPC in Bioinformatics
- HPC in Material Science
- Globus and research data management
- Scientific visualization with ParaView
More detailed course descriptions can be found here.
When registering, please indicate which courses you are interested in attending. This will help us gauge interest and prepare the room setups, catering, etc.
Date / Time / Location:
July 24 – 27, 2017
9:00 am – 4:00 pm (each day)
University of Saskatchewan
ARTS Building, Rooms 102 and 133
Who Should Participate:
- Researchers and individuals interested in building their knowledge and skills of tools and techniques used for computational research.
- All research disciplines and skill levels are welcome to register. Intermediate and expert courses will require some pre-requisite knowledge. Check the course descriptions for more details.
- Any course listed as “beginner level” does not require any pre-requisite skills or knowledge.
- Courses listed as “intermediate level” or “expert level” may require base level knowledge or programming skills. Check the course descriptions for more details.
- All participants must have a Compute Canada account (non-academic registrants will be provided a guest account).
- We strongly encourage all participants to obtain an Eduroam account through their institution. This will provide you with a reliable wifi network connection while on the UofS campus. To get an Eduroam account, click here. If you have any issues or questions, contact your local IT Department. Alternatively, a guest wifi network will be available for anyone without a UofS wifi network account.
Participants only need to register and pay once to attend as many or as few courses as they would like.
- Researcher @ WestGrid Member Institution*: $35
- Researcher @ Non-Member Institution: $45
- Public / Industry / Non-Academic: $55
*WestGrid Member Institutions include the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Saskatchewan, and University of Manitoba.
If you have questions or would like more information on the Research Computing Summer School, please contact Alex Razoumov – firstname.lastname@example.org.