Directwest, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SaskTel, is the exclusive provider of Mysask411 and has been promoting Saskatchewan small businesses for over a hundred years. Today, were a digital marketing services company. We provide website design, social media marketing, online listings, digital advertising and reputation management. Basically, everything local businesses need to connect with more customers and stay current!
We are looking for a Digital Platform Technical Lead for our Mysask411 platform, here is what you need to know…
Desired Skills & Experience
The Technical Lead will be responsible for:
1. Acting as solution architect and providing technical direction in support of Directwest’s evolution of their Digital Platforms (currently: mysask411.com web and mobile apps, 306411 SMS search)
2. Supporting the operation of Directwest’s digital platforms, during regular business hours and after hours
3. Supporting and representing the other members of the Digital Platforms technical team
4. Liaising with vendor partners through all project phases
5. Various web and API development tasks
6. Understanding various statistical capturing mechanisms, and be able to investigate, maintain and enhance them, in addition to liaising with the BI team
7. Having an in-depth understanding of ad servers/ banner management systems and auxiliary components and provide support for these.
8. Offering insight and guidance to the team and senior management with regards to multi tier digital platforms
9. Understanding the interplay between search tools, APIs and the front end
10. Providing insights and technical direction for the SEO strategy. Implement, monitor and tweak the SEO strategy.
11. Managing ETL processes for platform data
12. Managing application deployments
Ideally, the successful candidate will have a degree in computer science or software engineering and several years’ experience with multi-tier web apps, mobile apps, SEO, and ETL processes, as well as strong collaboration skills. We’re looking for someone with strong skills in VB.NET, C#, .NET Core, PHP, and SQL. Experience with AWS, Solr, or Revive Ad Server are considerable assets.
This position offers an impressive compensation package, bonus opportunity, matched pension contributions & medical/dental/vision benefits.
If this exciting and challenging opportunity is a fit for you, then we’d love to hear from you!
To apply submit your resumes to Britney.Brodt@directwest.com