… have an innovative idea or need an innovation solution??
… we want you for our Interactive 2010! Pecha Kucha
Mark September 24, 2010 on your calendars!
Interactive 2010! is a ‘must attend’ for SaskInteractive and SMPIA members and stakeholders. This event will focus on new opportunities for cross-media funding and content creation partnerships. Interactive 2010! is presented in response to the launch in March 2010 of the Canada Media Fund (CMF), which has introduced significant opportunities for collaboration between interactive media producers and traditional media producers.
SaskInteractive and SMPIA (Saskatchewan Motion Picture Industry Association) are partnering to provide a timely workshop and 3 presentations on issues, technologies and opportunities for cross-media content and production.
- Neal McDougall, a funding policy and programming analyst
- Gavin McGarry, an integrated media consultant specializing in cross platform content;
- Rob McLaughlin, specializing in innovative approaches to interactivity and the creative application of digital technologies as they relate to story, expression and community; and
- Robert Rice, an author, futurist, entrepreneur and a recognized world leader in pioneering commercial augmented reality.
- Cathryn Robertson and David Craig, 3D specialists.
Pecha Kucha arrives in Saskatoon…In addition to these informative and engaging presentations, we will be offering a Pecha Kucha session (20 slides at 20 seconds each) and invite participants to offer a pitch of their ideas to possible collaborators. NSERC will introduce the session, and the audience favourite will be announced at the day-end reception. Participation by university faculty and students is encouraged. If you are interested in making a Pecha-Kucha presentation, please be in touch with Barbara via firstname.lastname@example.org or 934.6667.
The day will conclude with a reception (cash bar) at which
- the results of our 2010 interactive media sector study will be revealed,
- the winner of the iPad will be drawn from the names of the study participants, and
- winners from SaskInteractive’s third annual SIMA “Best of” competition will be announced.
This event will be sure to inspire new approaches to interactive media!
Date: September 24, 2010
Time: 09:00 (registration opens at 8:30)
Location: Radisson Hotel, 405 Twentieth Street East, Saskatoon
For more information or feedback, please contact Barbara via email@example.com or 934.6667.